September 18-26, 2021
Harvest Moon is an evening-length, virtual, new music and dance collaboration premiering in conjunction with the astronomical calendar’s Harvest Moon. Dancers and musicians employed the serendipitous and unpredictable nature of the internet to engage Zoom as a compositional and choreographic tool. Harvest Moon reflects on lunar cycles, cultural anthropology, the spiritual philosophy that human bodies are microcosms of the universe, and the Covid-19 pandemic. The project will be live-streamed over YouTube with audience engagement opportunities through Zoom after each performance. Dr. Phillip Tietbohl will lead an interactive Group Poem Creation after three performances; Dr. Nathan Thomas will moderate a more-traditional artist/audience talk back after three performances. Dance performance by Sarena Kabakoff, Kalila Kingsford Smith, and Jessica C. Warchal-King. Music by Jill Haley and Paul Fejko. The Reading Musical Foundation supported Jill Haley’s work in Harvest Moon.
Tickets: Sliding Scale – please click here. No one will be turned away for financial reasons. Please email email@example.com for more information
- Direction: Jessica C. Warchal-King
- Dance Performance and Collaboration: Sarena Kabakoff, Kalila Kingsford Smith, Jessica C. Warchal-King
- Music Composition and Performance: Jill Haley, Paul Fejko
- Post-film Group Poetry Creation: Dr. Phillip Tietbohl
- Post-film Talk-Back Moderation: Dr. Nathan Thomas